[drupal-devel] rel=nofollow

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Wed Jan 19 04:34:45 UTC 2005

> I'm not sure that there is much point to this...spam.module is MUCH
> more effective at making this not a problem. And what if you WANT user
> submitted content to count towards pagerank? Like, say, people in
> forums constantly pointing to the same RTFM post.

i see a much point. maintaining spam.module is much harder than just
rewriting some links. the idea is not to rewrite internal links (such as
your forum example), but rather to rewrite external links.

> Do spammers spam to raise page rank? Or do spammers spam so that other
> people see/click on their links?

they most definately spam to raise age rank. they are quite happy to spam
paes which are never viewed by humans.