[drupal-devel] blog it menu link

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Thu Jan 20 02:42:20 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 05:11:37PM -0500, Jeremy Andrews wrote:
>   Is there a proper way to do this, utilizing drupal_goto to fix the URI?
> Perhaps the problem is that I'm not using a form button to get there...?
> (Using a submit button is not an option)

The ugly, but working, url will be something along the lines of

http://example.com/node/add/blog?edit[title]=stuff&edit[body]=morethings

To make it less ugly you could prolly get to it using a post operation.
The drupal_goto() and l() functions are your friends, use the $query
argument.

Another idea is to implement hook_nodeapi(). I think you might be able
to hijack the form data in the 'validate' step. Then you can shorten the
extra parts of the url to just a unique identifier.

Both approaches are still ugly, but IMO better than your origional idea
because the URLs are always correct. If there were some Drupal usability
guidelines they would sayu something like "the url in the url bar is
always the url to the page that is rendered."

-Neil

http://civicspacelabs.org/
http://delocalizedham.com/