[drupal-devel] Dealing with spam (was rel=nofollow)

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Jan 20 14:28:08 UTC 2005

> Which makes me wonder:  what problem are we solving by adding the
> additional complexity of shared databases?

 From my standpoint, I don't really /need/ the feature right now - my
exploration of it was equivalent to "hey, i had a funny idea", "oh? how
would that work?", and then furious scribbling on a napkin. With that in
mind, along with the evolution of spamfight techniques, (procmail filters,
bayesian, razor / spamassassin), Drupal (or the spam.module, at least)
still has one step of (inevitable?) evolution to go.

> I wouldn't recommend trying to syncronize the Bayesian data.

Agreed.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
Spidering Hacks: http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005776/disobeycom