[drupal-devel] Dealing with spam (was rel=nofollow)

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Thu Jan 20 14:26:03 UTC 2005

Op donderdag 20 januari 2005 15:12, schreef Jeremy Andrews:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:32:44 +0100
>
> Bèr Kessels <berdrupal at tiscali.be> wrote:
> > What I /do/ beleive will be a great improvement is p2p sharing of the
> > filtered  tokens, regexps et al. I discuseed this on IRC lately, and
> > Morbus had some  great ideas on this.
>
> Out of curiousity, does this suggest that you're currently having a lot of
> spam slip through the filter?

No, not really. But on my sites it took some time to have them learn. So I had
site1 learn for a week. Then i imported the spam tables into site2, 3, 4, 5
and six. Saved me a lot of learning work.

Once your spam filter is running for a while, it works very well. But
sometimes spam /does/ slip by. And when it does, I find it did on nearly all
my sites. I then have to log into all of them, and "learn" them the same
thing. I would love some "central brain".

> (My development efforts on the spam module have tended to be dictated by
> what's required to keep my website spam free -- it has been of late.)

And they are greatly appreciated. spam module does a wonderfull job, really!

--
Regards,
 Bèr