[drupal-devel] Should we make project issue status more nuanced?

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Wed Jan 26 14:31:58 UTC 2005

Nedjo Rogers wrote:
> What to people think of these suggestions?  Would they help improve our code
> review system?

Here are two things that could help me:

1. A 'needs work' flag.  When a patch can't be accepted as is, it would
be nice if we could mark it as such.  Furthermore, we could compile a
list of work-needing patches, and separate them from the review-needing
patches.

Right now, some of the work-needing patches remain in the patch queue
while others are set to active and thereby removed from the patch queue.
   Inconsistent, at best.

Possible reasons for setting a patch to 'needs work' could be: the patch
no longer applies, the coding style needs work, it lacks documentation,
one or more things need to be clarified, etc.

2. A 'needs testers' flag.  Sometimes I ask more people to test and
review a patch.  Occasionally these requests go unnoticed.  A 'needs
testers' flag would be particularly useful for system-wide patches (eg.
I'd ask everyone to test the node revisions patch) or in case I'm
delegating the testing and decision-making process (eg. I'd consult
JonBob about proposed menu system changes).