[drupal-devel] [bug] Clean up Administer - Users - Configure

Stefan Nagtegaal drupal-devel at frontaal-online.com
Thu Jan 27 14:40:58 UTC 2005

Steven schreef:

> "2. 'add' and 'check' are slightly inconsistent. Elsewhere we have 'add
> foo' and 'check foo'."
>
> Hmm, you're right that we had "add foo" in most places, but then we
> /don't/ have "view node" and "edit node", but "view" and "edit". What
> is the reasoning behind this? In this case, each operation applies to
> the noun in the parent tab ('access rule').
> A while ago Stefan made a large patch to further remove nouns in local
> tasks when their meaning could be inferred (and even in cases where
> this was less so, like the filter admin). This patch was committed.

The thought behind the 'edit', 'view', 'details', etc operations are
single words is to have the table sizes at a minimum width so, these
could be viewed within a 640x480 screen without having a horizontal
scrollbar.

For titles imo we should have decent and clear titles on what we could do..

For menu items, we should have titles which are not wrapped inside more
than 1 rule - according to a normal font-size - width a max width of 180
or 190 px.

Tabs should have - accordingly to the page titles - clear  and decent
titles either...

Unfortunatly, i'm not quite sure what you mean with:
"In this case, each operation applies to the noun in the parent tab
('access rule')."

Steef