[drupal-devel] Drupal foundation / non-profit

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Fri Jul 1 05:39:39 UTC 2005

Hi!

My opinion is that given the diversity of Drupal it's almost impossible to
strive for an entity which can give tax-deductions. You'd need a non-profit
entity in USA, Canada, UK, Germany and Belgium just to cover the main
areas.

If Boris or anyone else is able to rise a foundation which can accept money
in the name of Drupal without paying taxes I'd say that's good. If we set
up tax-deduction entities per country then the money flow between our
entities will become a problem.

Just my two cents about where to put my two cents.

Regards

NK