[drupal-devel] [feature] add inline functionaliy to uploads

sepeck drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Jul 3 20:44:02 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/26288
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/26288

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.0
 Component:    upload.module
 Category:     feature requests

changing to patch per request from berkes

sepeck

Previous comments:

July 3, 2005 - 11:03 : Bèr Kessels

One of the most often asked features is proper inlnie handling of files.
Look at the amount of solutions, the popularity of image_assist, and the
amount of peolpe dowloading image.module! That alone should be enough
proof that Drupal lacks proper inline image support.

This patch adds that to core. In fact, it does little more then
appending a link of img tag to the body or the teaser. Off course that
is configurable per file. Next to the [] list checkbox, this patch adds
an [] inline checkbox.

Simplicity is the foundation of this patch. I want no stles for inline
editing, no fancy html wrappers, no tokens, just $node->body or teaser
appended with a small html string.

Another small themable funtion is introduced, (hey, you cannot expect
me to develop something without adding more power for themers, now, can
you? ;) ), that allows people to theme the string that is appended to
the body or the teaser.

Oh, and also note hat the biggest part of this patch is some cleaning I
had to do in order to be able to develop properly. I dont like Ifs
inside cases in foreaches inside swiches. in other words: nodeapi now
calls functions instead of executing code directly.

July 3, 2005 - 11:19 : Bèr Kessels

here is how the form now looks

July 3, 2005 - 11:19 : Bèr Kessels

and this is an example of inlined images and a .doc file.