[drupal-devel] [feature] Enable multiple block regions (not just "left" and "right" sidebars)

Nathan Wheatley nathan at chiefcodemonkey.com
Fri Jul 22 08:46:12 UTC 2005

After some careful consideration, I actually don't think that a
single theme with multiple styles is gong to be any different to
multiple theme support.
Consider the CSS Zen Garden as an example. If we had one (very well)
structured theme ship with an out-of-the-box installation, it would
then be the designers job to style the content using CSS. The
underlying XHTML and PHP really does not have to change. We could
also ship this standard theme with multiple block regions (header,
footer, left, right etc.) and if they are not required, the admin can
turn them off, or the designer can set display:none to that blocks
div in the css file.

I can't see the difference in having the choice of individual style
sheets or multiple themes.

I am for single theme, multiple blocks. The Ui will get too messy and
cluttered otherwise (IMO).
--
Nathan Wheatley