[drupal-devel] [feature] Enable multiple block regions (not just "left" and "right" sidebars)

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Jul 22 13:02:58 UTC 2005

> After some careful consideration, I actually don't think that a  single
> theme with multiple styles is gong to be any different to  multiple
> theme support.
> Consider the CSS Zen Garden as an example. If we had one (very well)
> structured theme ship with an out-of-the-box installation, it would
> then be the designers job to style the content using CSS.

Yes, this is simple only for those in the know. There was some push in
the previous release cycle to simplify themeing, and this is why
template only themes were introduced. Drupal is going to be really hip
(which is cool) if it does enforce its themers to use the latest and
greatest CSS techniques, no less, but this is not going to broaden the
themeing community at all.

BTW I myself will do well with either way.

Goba