[drupal-devel] user galleries: submit a screenie of your site

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Wed Jul 27 09:45:29 UTC 2005

A random idea:

* Every use can submit images, screenshots of his or her site, into the
gallery. Off course them may add some text or a link to the site
* they go in the mod. queue
* a drupal.org administrator/moderator can then unqueue them

This way we can build a nice gallery of example drupal sites. We can "replace"
the ugly /sites until we get a better solution for that. And we can kill the
myth that drupal is ugly and hard to theme. (there are pure beauties out
there)

we can evenchose to rotate them randomly on the place where we now show the
three collaged screenies, no the frontpage.

Yesterday I came by the site of Inkscape  (http://www.inkscape.org) And
thought they had a fabulous idea implemented. On the frontpage they randomly
rotate a screenshot from the screenshot gallery.
That is hat brought me to this idea.

Regards,
 Bèr
--