[drupal-devel] user galleries: submit a screenie of your site

Khalid B kbahey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 10:02:22 UTC 2005

On 7/27/05, Bèr Kessels <berdrupal at tiscali.be> wrote:
> A random idea:
>
> * Every use can submit images, screenshots of his or her site, into the
> gallery. Off course them may add some text or a link to the site
> * they go in the mod. queue
> * a drupal.org administrator/moderator can then unqueue them
>
> This way we can build a nice gallery of example drupal sites. We can "replace"
> the ugly /sites until we get a better solution for that. And we can kill the
> myth that drupal is ugly and hard to theme. (there are pure beauties out
> there)

Good idea.

People tell me that my personal site at http://baheyeldin.com is among
the pretty ones, and some use it as an example of how Drupal can be
pretty (kudos go to Ivan Raszl for that theme).

If that helps quash the myth, then I am for it.

> we can evenchose to rotate them randomly on the place where we now show the
> three collaged screenies, no the frontpage.
>
> Yesterday I came by the site of Inkscape  (http://www.inkscape.org) And
> thought they had a fabulous idea implemented. On the frontpage they randomly
> rotate a screenshot from the screenshot gallery.
> That is hat brought me to this idea.

image.module has a random image block that we can use for that.