[drupal-devel] [bug] book "previous" link does not respect unpublished node setting

drumm drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Jul 28 18:08:05 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/25706
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/25706

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    book.module
 Category:     bug reports

Here is a patch. It probably applies to the 4.6.x branch too.

drumm

Previous comments:

Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:06:25 +0000 : bjornarneson

I have a node that is assigned to a book hierarchy, but is unpublished.

If I navigate to the book node which is immediately after the
unpublished node in the book hierarchy, a link to the unpublished node
is displayed in the book navigation below the content.

For an example, go to http://nlca.com/recordings/general/treeofglory.
There is an unpublished node following this node in the book hierarchy.
If you click on the "Next - Heritage Series" link in the book navigation
below the content, you'll see that a link to the unpublished node "Holy:
A Hymn Festival" is now displayed with the "previous" link.

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:00:27 +0000 : bjornarneson

I have more information about the book hierarchy which may help get to
the bottom of this.

--Recordings
----General Interest
------Tree of Glory
------Holy: A Hymn Festival (unpublished)
----Heritage Series
------Heritage I
------Heritage II
------Heritage III
------Heritage IV

In the book structure above, the "Previous" link in book navigation
shows "Holy: A Hymn Festival" when on the "Heritage Series" page.

--About the National Lutheran Choir
----Director
----Ensemble
----Board of Directors
----Staff (unpublished)
----Founder

In the example above, the book navigation DOES respect the unpublished
status of the "Staff" node.

As far as I can tell, the bug exists when the unpublished node is the
last node in its level of the hierarchy and the user is viewing the
next node in the book sequence, one level up.

Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:15:01 +0000 : bjornarneson

This is still a problem with Drupal 4.6.2. I've been able to reproduce
this bug on two different installations. Does anyone else have problems
with Drupal exposing unpublishing nodes through book.module?

Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:49:23 +0000 : drumm

I'll take a look.