[drupal-devel] [feature] Improve book/outline handling

Prometheus6 drupal-devel at drupal.org
Fri Jul 29 01:05:29 UTC 2005

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/27736
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/27736

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.0
 Component:    book.module
 Category:     feature requests

Using the book.module to organize some 150 nodes, I found the parent
select became unwieldy very quickly. Working on a site for my daughter,
who wants to use the module to organize her fan fiction, I decided to
fix that for her.

This patch splits the parent select into two levels: one to select the
top-level book nodes, and one with only the children of the selected
top-level node, to select the actual parent of the node you are working
with. It inserts a bunch of really basic, dynamically generated
Javascript to update the parent select and adds five new functions.

Patch is for version 4.6.2

Prometheus6