[drupal-devel] RSS indicater?

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Tue Jun 7 16:08:45 UTC 2005

Apparently in the Tiger release of Mac OS, Safari somehow automatically
indicates if a web site has an RSS feed.  I don't have access to this version
of Safari (stuck on Win2k :-( ) so this information is second hand.

Anyway, the point is, my Drupal-based sites which do provide RSS feeds do not
trigger this indicator.

If there is some sort of widespread or semi-standard way for RSS
auto-discovery, is that something we should add support for in Drupal?

It seems like it would be useful.  Some of my users did not know my site had
RSS because their browser was not telling them it did.  When I told them
directly, they were pleased to take advantage of it.

--
Chris Johnson