[drupal-devel] adsense from google for drupal

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Mar 1 13:17:01 UTC 2005

Hi,

What would this responsibility entail? I don't think my Drupal
knowledge is good enough to start such a system from scratch, but I can
surely maintain the code once it was written, and can research the
legalities and so on. If I can get more detail on what this would
entail, I might volunteer.

Regards,

Kobus

>>> vlado at dikini.net 3/1/2005 9:01:00 AM >>>
> > So for a generic account we might we
> > might have to setup a drupal foundation that wont have to pay
taxes.
> > This was discussed some time ago on this list but I dont remember
> > the outcome of this. Anyone? (put response please in thread on
site)

> Unfortunately, this has not been discussed in Antwerp. Should we set
up
> an IRC meeting to discuss this further? I think the foundation should
be
> EU-based. I cannot recommend Germany as a good place for something
like
> this...

+1 for EU based foundation - the laws in Europe are generally very
friendly to non-for profit foundations (AFAIK)

I am not sure of the status and the legalities in UK but can do some
research on that.

What I suggest is let's take the facts in and decide
on that basis - what will be the maintenance, administration involved,
taxes, benefits, ease of access, etc...

If anyone has experience running such a thing it's fine, but
it might take over somebody's life. Any volunteers ? :)

Cheers,
Vlado