[drupal-devel] [bug] file_check_location is not working on Windows 2000

killes drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue Mar 1 17:32:54 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
-Version:      4.5.2
+Version:      cvs
 Component:    file system
 Category:     bug reports

Still applies.

killes at www.drop.org

Previous comments:

September 16, 2004 - 14:46 : ccourtne

Currently file_check_location is always returning false when passed a
file as the $source path.  If a directory is passed in $soruce
file_check_location works.  I've tracked this down to realpath
returning an empty string when passed a relative path which points to a
file.  This probably goes unnoticed if you are using the file.api's to
construct relative paths to the druapl file directory since
check_location failing just causes the durpal file directory to get
added which is what you wanted in the first place.
Replacing this line
$source = realpath(dirname($source));
with this
$source = realpath(dirname($source));
fixes it on my windows box using PHP 4.3.8.
I don't have things set up to do patches on my windows boxes here at
work yet.  I'll submit a formal patch tonight.

September 16, 2004 - 14:47 : ccourtne

Dag nabit.
Replace
$source = realpath($source);
with
$source = realpath(dirname($source));
Craig

September 16, 2004 - 14:56 : Anonymous

The sooner there are patches, the better it is...
I tested this approach on my server and it works.
Steef

September 17, 2004 - 02:34 : ccourtne

Here is the patch.

February 23, 2005 - 01:30 : dan90 at drupal.org

This also fixed my file upload problems with some nonstandard paths
under Linux/apache, php 4.3.4 drupal 4.5.2. maybe we should remove
mention of windows 2000?