[drupal-devel] CCK Nomenclature

Chris Cook beerfan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:18:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:28:34 +0000, Gabor Hojtsy <gabor at hojtsy.hu> wrote:
> As I said it is probably a cultural question. I won't name the
> information on my national ID card 'content' (rather property or
> attribute), but I would name the frontpage of the local news paper
> 'content'. But I am foreign to English. Just note that others might have
> similar perceptions about the word 'content'. I am not against using
> this word, nor do I have something better to suggest, so I am not really
> bringing the discussion further myself... I just would not call the
> group of properties in my user profile 'content'...

This term is probably defined differently for publishing purposes than
I have defined it.

Regardless of what the word means to any individual, I think it is
important to agree on the definition of this term (and others) *for
our purposes* before using it. There is probably already an unspoken
understanding of the definition which is undocumented so maybe we
should document what constitutes a node and what constitutes content.