[drupal-devel] CCK Nomenclature

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Tue Mar 1 17:28:05 UTC 2005

> I feel 'content' IS a very generic word, but will concede that it is
> taken differently by different people.  One thing, it is a whole lot
> more understandable than 'node' (but that may not be an issue - if it is
> not presented to the user).
>
> To illustrate my point...
>
> How is 'user profile information' not content?
> How is 'product information' not content?
> How is 'article information' not content?
> (I think they are content - just different types)
>
> I'm probably 'flogging a dead horse', so I'll leave it at that.

As I said it is probably a cultural question. I won't name the
information on my national ID card 'content' (rather property or
attribute), but I would name the frontpage of the local news paper
'content'. But I am foreign to English. Just note that others might have
similar perceptions about the word 'content'. I am not against using
this word, nor do I have something better to suggest, so I am not really
bringing the discussion further myself... I just would not call the
group of properties in my user profile 'content'...

Goba