[drupal-devel] [task] Typo on block admin page

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sun Mar 6 20:15:51 UTC 2005

>> Unless someone comes up with some names in place of 'left' and
>> 'right', this discussion is going nowhere.
>
> Perhaps we need to come up with some mechanism for the theme to name
> those regions, and have that name show up in the block admin page.
> Thus, most existing themes would in fact name them "left" and "right"
> but some other theme could name them "region 1" and "region 2."
>
> At a minimum we need to consider that eventually the block admin page is
> going to have to deal with blocks which will never end up on the "left"
> or "right" of the page, and thus using those terms will remain confusing.

We are talking about a short term solution now. 4.6 will go out with
'sidebar' as grouping titles, 'region' as column name and 'left' and
'right' as column values, unless this is changed. The code now contains
these. 4.6 is not going to have a mechanism for themes to specify the
regions. We are looking for a good short term solution.

Goba