[drupal-devel] A Folksonomy module

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 10:08:21 UTC 2005

> This 1000 tag thing. I've found vocabularies with a tree of 100 tags a
> bit awkward to use. The Admin vocab overview gets very long and the few
> places where you have all tags for a vocab in a combo box will also get
> awkward to use.

This sounds like something that UI can overcome. I agree with the
Admin vocab overview length issue, but if you use system vocabs, the
folksonomy could have it's own admin display for this.

Tag-per-line or comma-separated tags would be the preferred input,
would they not? so I don't see the terms every necessarily being
displayed in a combo box.

I think that aiming to be able to implement folksonomies with our
existing taxonomy system is a good thing to strive for, even if it
means code changes to taxo.module to encompass this use.

Now all we need to do is have aggregator create feed_item nodes, add a
little publish/subscribe/workflow magic to delete/update them, and we
can replace the strange "categories" used there with taxonomy as
well... (let me dream, OK?)

Hmm. And if profiles were nodes, you could "tag" users by tagging
their associated profile(s).

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com