[drupal-devel] Folksonomy: No taxonomy.module Changes / URL Design

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Sun Mar 13 09:00:56 UTC 2005

Ooops. I missed this discussion. Please see
http://www.voidstar.com/node.php?id=2262 and
http://drupal.org/node/18826

I think I'd better read up about sandbox. ;-)

Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com> Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:06:06
>I confess to not really knowing the direction that jbond wants to head
>in.

Very similar to awtags.

> * I've started a sandbox for this: sandbox/morbus/folksonomy_shared/
> * Only one database change is needed: adding a uid to term_node.
>   http://lists.drupal.org/archives/drupal-devel/2005-03/msg00422.html

Are you sure you need uid on term_node? It's inevitably available with a
join to node. There's a slight conceptual difference in that
term_node.uid would be all the terms I've created whereas term_node join
node.uid is all the terms I've used.

>I heartily agree with jbond: the URL should use $term, not $tid. The
>problem is that it becomes an either/or situation. Drupal prefers using
>the $tid (see the first example above), but there's no way to
>distinguish a $term of "1984" or "666" or "101" from the $tids of the
>same value. So, using $term is arguably "more" folksonomish, but breaks
>Drupal tradition.
>
>The current format I'm thinking of implementing is as follows:
>
> /folksonomy/1                 # show all tags in vid 1
> /folksonomy/1/term/hello      # show all tags in vid 1 for "hello"
> /folksonomy/1/term/1984       # show all tags in vid 1 for "1984"
> /folksonomy/term/hello                # show all tags in any vid for "hello"
>                               # see below for my concerns on this one.

taxonomy/tname/hello  any tag from any vocab named "hello"
taxonomy/tvname/mytags/hello hello tag from vocab mytags
taxonomy/tvname/mytags anything tagged with any term from vocab mytags

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:                 http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:          http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433
S: callto://julian.bond/