[drupal-devel] Folksonomy: No taxonomy.module Changes / URL Design

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Sun Mar 13 09:02:54 UTC 2005

Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com> Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:36:06
>In chatting with killes on IRC, there is one place. Everytime a node
>with taxo is saved, all term_node data for that nid is deleted:
>
>  db_query('DELETE FROM {term_node} WHERE nid = %d', $nid);
>
>This would also obliterate all of the folksonomy data (which wouldn't
>be in a taxonomy input field, and thus nothing ever passed in as $terms
>to taxonomy_node_save()). It would be entirely possible to do a dirty
>ugly evil hack and name the module zzz_folksonomy_shared, but god,
>strike me down for even suggesting the idea.

I hit exactly the same problem. My equally nasty hack is to use
hook_nodeapi('update') to merge the folksonomy tids into the taxonomy
tids and let taxonomy save them. This relies on F coming before T in
module_invoke_all Ugh!

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:                 http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:          http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433
S: callto://julian.bond/