[drupal-devel] Folksonomy: No taxonomy.module Changes / URL Design

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Sun Mar 13 09:13:36 UTC 2005

I'm swinging back and forth on the game plan here.

The first approach is to use vocab and term tables and start hacking
patches into taxonomy. This scares me as I don't know enough about
taxonomy and how it's used by core and contrib modules.

The second approach is to use vocab but create parallel term tables.
This only requires a single small patch to taxonomy to stop it
generating form edit fields for modules that are not taxonomy or forum.
This lets us keep folksonomy.module as a separate and usable contrib
module and thrash out user interface and requirements without screwing
up taxonomy in the process. The long term plan would still be to roll
this back into taxonomy once we know exactly how it should work.

Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
Webmaster:                 http://www.ecademy.com/
Personal WebLog:          http://www.voidstar.com/
M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173      T: +44 (0)192 0412 433
S: callto://julian.bond/