[drupal-devel] [bug] User feedback if commenting on a closed node

killes drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Mar 13 21:02:49 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    comment.module
 Category:     bug reports

Updated to cvs. Better wording.

killes at www.drop.org

Previous comments:

August 28, 2004 - 20:37 : killes at www.drop.org

If a user (for whatever reason) tries to post to a node which doesn't
allow this, he currently doesn't get an error message. This patch fixes
this.

September 5, 2004 - 08:02 : killes at www.drop.org

recategorizing to show up in the patch queue.

September 14, 2004 - 03:42 : Steven

I'm not 100% sure about this patch. We don't normally cater to
inaccessible forms. I suppose the comment form is a candidate, when a
moderator disables commenting on a (heated?) topic while people are
still typing replies.
But are there more probably situations like this out there?

September 14, 2004 - 07:37 : killes at www.drop.org

As you mentioned the comment form isn't neccessarily inaccessible, the
sending of the comment might become later. We should present a
meaningfull message to the user in that case. I am developing a module
where you can only comment for a limited amount of time, so no message
is actually confusing.

September 14, 2004 - 22:03 : Dries

I don't think this needs fixing.

September 14, 2004 - 22:17 : killes at www.drop.org

I disagree. The user doesn't get a 403 or anything, just an empty "Post
comment" page.Tha's bad usability.

October 14, 2004 - 23:54 : drumm

+1
Although it is a rare case, this is a really simple fix that might as
well go in.