[drupal-devel] Why is there no designation between hooks and private functions in a module?

Torgeir Berg torgeir.berg at qipo.com
Mon Mar 14 22:19:37 UTC 2005

Negyesi Karoly wrote:
> On Monday 14 March 2005 14.52, Bèr Kessels wrote:
>>Makes sense to me. But unless you make a patch for this, and you pimp
>>that patch, this is off course not going to happen. Talk is silver , code
>>is gold.
>>Bèr
> Bèr is totally right and not forget that we are talking of changing EVERY
> function in Drupal. Some of them are called like 'callback' => 'node_page'.
> So it's gonna be a funny thing to write, and even funnier to test.

Is it 'let's all pick on Carl day'? A recurring theme perhaps?

However, I must say I was pleasantly surprised when mr. Karoly a few
hours later posted this to the list:
> I know that code is golden, but first, a bit of talk is necessary,
> especially for the first proposal...

Makes sense to me.

 From the list-guidelines[1]:

"Messages should only be replied to when there is important information
to add. Only quote the key points when replying to the list, everyone
else will have the previous message and can look it up for more
information."

I also recommend smiling.

regards,

Torgeir