[drupal-devel] Why is there no designation between hooks and private functions in a module?

Negyesi Karoly karoly at negyesi.net
Mon Mar 14 22:59:27 UTC 2005

> > Bèr is totally right and not forget that we are talking of changing
> > EVERY function in Drupal. Some of them are called like 'callback' =>
> > 'node_page'. So it's gonna be a funny thing to write, and even funnier
> > to test.
> Is it 'let's all pick on Carl day'? A recurring theme perhaps?

No. I take everyone seriously, I do not pick on anyone (or at least I try
to). I was just warning him or whoever takes this idea, that this an
enormous undertaking. Understand me: the idea is _good_ but I do not know
whether anyone would do it. Regarding 'fun', let me quote Steven: "hacking
core is fun".

Another example. pager_query needs its argument in the order they have, but
db_query_range has another order, which is very confusing. db_query_range
should be changed, and every query that uses it. It's only 21, but I do not
feel an urge to go and correct them. Eventually, I will do it. But
what will happen with the function calls which are in the thousands?

> However, I must say I was pleasantly surprised when mr. Karoly a few

Károly is my given name.

Regards

Károly Négyesi
better known as: chx