[drupal-devel] Core Folksonomy: First Code Available

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Tue Mar 15 21:25:12 UTC 2005

I've commited into sandbox/morbus/folksonomy_shared (along with a bunch of
documentation and design decisions) the first, very rough and not heavily
tested, version of folksonomy_shared. There are still a number of things
to do (and a few known bugs to fix) but I wanted to show you what I have.

Here is the new vocabulary definition screen:

   http://www.disobey.com/d/2005/drupal_folkdef.jpg

My change is in yellow. Now, assume that we've got two vocabularies: a
"Folksonomy Tags" (per the screenshot) and a "Controlled Test", which is a
normal old Drupal taxonomy. They've both been assigned to node type
"page". Here is the screenshot:

   http://disobey.com/detergent/2005/drupal_folknodenew.jpg

Now, let's assume we've entered some data. We've chosen "Cheshire Cat"
from the "Controlled Test", and entered the following for tags: "happy,
sad, crazy, whoa!" Here is the resulting screenshot:

   http://disobey.com/detergent/2005/drupal_folknodesubmit.jpg

Notice how three new "Folksonomy Tags" (trust me on the proper vid) terms
were created (implying that "crazy" already existed in the "Folksonomy
Tags" vocabulary). Likewise, note how they are treated equally in the node
display ("Cheshire Cat" comes from our "Controlled Test" vocab).

Finally, the edit screen, though there's nothing to exciting here:

   http://disobey.com/detergent/2005/drupal_folknodeedit.jpg

More as I have it.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
Spidering Hacks: http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005776/disobeycom