[drupal-devel] CivicSpace development moving to Drupal

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 19:54:38 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:49:01 -0800, neil at civicspacelabs.org
<neil at civicspacelabs.org> wrote:

> - To properly release the configure [1] module it will need about 2/3 of
>    the code pushed into individual modules using a new hook. We should
>    have a debate about this going into Drupal core at some point. It
>    could easily live as a contrib module, but I think we need to take a
>    step back and think about how module installation works.

> - Install.php [6] is a heavily branded and Postgres incompatible moving
>    target. Who is interested in helping get this into Drupal? I know
>    people who want to make Drupal easier to install are out there.

We've already said to CS that we want to work with them to integrate
configure, install.php, and Adrian's work on installation. Tell us
when you (Neil/CS) have time, so we can make the time for Adrian to
work on it. And of course, anyone else in the community that wants to
work on it.

Ditto for Survey/Forms, since James has done the work on that. Long
term, we'd love to see survey.module (and potentially a
registration.module as well, and quiz.module too?) become really
powerful components. A good forms library is a necessity for this. Do
these forms intersect in any way with either the profile fields and/or
CCK?

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com