[drupal-devel] [bug] deleted users' nodes disappear

chx drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu Mar 17 14:34:33 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.5.2
 Component:    node.module
 Category:     bug reports

At this state I strongly -1 the patch. I'd like to see a message about
what happened (maybe a number of nodes changed would be nice, too) but
this is a minor thing -- mayor is that I feel unpublishing such nodes
is a must. Let the admin decide whether it fits her purposes to let
other uses see them as Anonymous posts or do something else.

chx

Previous comments:

March 17, 2005 - 15:23 : menesis

When a user is deleted, all nodes which he created can't be accessed
anymore, because they have non-existing uid and queries which select
from node and user tables fail.
There are two ways to fix that:
1) also delete nodes.
2) reset nodes' author to Anonymous.
1 is most probably undesirable side effect. When I encountered such
problem I was happy those nodes were still in database and I could
bring them back by changing uid. Otherwise I would have lost the
content.
Here is a simple patch which implements 2) - sets node.uid to 0
(Anonymous).