[drupal-devel] New 4.6 Image module

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Sat Mar 19 10:24:42 UTC 2005

On 19 Mar 2005, at 09:44, Gordon Heydon wrote:
> I know that there was some discussion about moving this new version of
> the image module from James' sandbox into contributions. Now with 4.6
> get closer, I think that we need to do this sooner rather than later so
> that more general testing can be completed by the time 4.6 is released.

Absolutely.  The old image module needs to be replaced with James' new
image module.  The sooner, the better because the old image has been a
source of frustration for those making the jump to Drupal 4.6.

> I think that what we should do is rename the current image project and
> cvs to image old. This is because the new image module is a completely
> new development, and thus should start the bug reports and everything
> fresh. This will make it much easier to maintain problems between the
> old and the new.

I don't think we should rename the old module.  If the upgrade path
works, it is perfectly acceptable to overwrite the old one.  It is not
the first time a module gets rewritten.