[drupal-devel] New 4.6 Image module

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Sat Mar 19 11:32:50 UTC 2005

> I have put up one patch, which instead of using the file_transfer() I
> have changed it so that it will do a header('Location: ...') to the
> image so that when you are using public files the image module will not
> take up as much resource.

perhaps file_transfer() itself could do the redirect for public files?
also, does anyone else think that adding a redirect for every image
node might cause poor experience for users on a high latency
connection? imagine an image galle	ry page with lots of image nodes. I
wonder if we are not sacraficing user experience in favor of some
server processing cycles.