[drupal-devel] Unpublished nodes still viewable?

K B kbahey at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 19:16:30 UTC 2005

I did some more testing and here is what I found:

1. An unpublished node is not viewable to any one but those who have
"administer nodes" permission. This means that anonymous visitors and
registered users do not see unpublished nodes.

2. If the default 404 and default 403 settings in /admin/settings are
set to an unpublished node that node is still visible indirectly (i.e.
when a visitor goes to a URL that causes a 404 or 403).

This behavior is new in 4.6RC since Drupal 4.5 did not behave the same way.