[drupal-devel] [feature] Have taxonomy_select_nodes() Return node.title

CodeMonkeyX drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Mar 20 21:03:20 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    taxonomy.module
 Category:     feature requests

Currently taxonomy_select_nodes() only queries the database for n.nid,
n.sticky, n.created. This is fine when you only need to call node_load
on each of the results, But it will be much more useful if you the
function also queried the database for n.title aswell. Then the results
could be past directly to node_title_list.
Adding n.title to the database query will have no effect on the
existing compatability of the function, and will simply make the
function a more useful.
Currently only my Article module will benifit from this change (it will
remove the need for me to duplicate the function in my module), but I
think after this change more developers may find this method useful for
easily listing node titles from a group of taxonmoies.

CodeMonkeyX