[drupal-devel] Dynamic Text Replacement

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl
Wed Mar 23 09:42:41 UTC 2005

Op 23-mrt-05 om 10:20 heeft Vladimir Zlatanov het volgende geschreven:

>> I plan on making themes with 'fancy' or non standard fonts. The only
>> other practical way, opposed to CSS is to use PHP and GD, to replace
>> the text with images.
> I would use CSS + PHP + GD, basically the idea is to include in your
> header (in the theme)
> a link to a generated css file, containing only the style definitions
> for the image replacement. For example the relevant H1s. It can be done
> as inline styling in the theme as well.
>
> To be able to assign fonts, etc... you will need to modify one of the
> theme engines, AFAIK. or write a module, but then UI interface and
> paths
> consistency start grinning at you.
>
> I'm eyeing this idea for some time, but just don't have enough time to
> play with it.
I did this twice, but unfortunatly the themes are lost due to switching
servers.. :-(
You can do this quite good with a plain PHP-theme and simple GD 2
(Which is recommended by drupal since the introduction of the
image-api)..

Do not forget that the generated headers should be cached into a
writtable directory inside your theme.. (Not nessecarilly in your
theme, but it's the most logical place I can think of..)

Here are the bookmarks from Safari I used some time ago to generate my
node-titles with, maybe you can use them:
- http://www.php.net/manual/nl/function.imageantialias.php
- http://www.php.net/manual/nl/function.imagecolortransparent.php
- http://www.php.net/manual/nl/function.imagettftext.php
- http://www.php.net/manual/nl/function.imagefttext.php