[drupal-devel] SquirrelMail vs Listhandler

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Wed Mar 23 19:40:50 UTC 2005

 Hello,

 Over the last several weeks, I have installed many drupal configurations.
 When I own the machine and I have a shell, this has been relatively easy.

 I am stranded on one install because I can't get a shell on the host.

 On others,  I am finding that I can not install Listhandler/Mailhandler
 because they assume that I am able to recompile PHP to add the --imap...
 flag.

 However, when I look at SquirrelMail, I do not have to recompile PHP
 to get it working. And I am able to just use the Imap libraries that they
 developed?

 It would be much nicer if the PHP did not require the recompile. And it would
 be nice if I could just load in something like the SquirellMail libraries
 and have it run on a machine which I do not have root on.

 The underlaying assumption that I have a) root b) a shell c) the ability
 to recompile system configurations is one that does not work on
 various webhosting sites.

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively