[drupal-devel] Core Folksonomy > 98% Finished. Review Needed.

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Wed Mar 23 21:05:30 UTC 2005

so elegantly implemented, its easy to miss whats different. nice work on
the UI and the code.

The patches are visible at
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/morbus/folksonomy_shared/

PATCH REVIEW
- "we check to make sure the passed $vid is actually a free tagging
vocabulary" ... this belongs in taxonomy_nodeapi('validate'). Send a
nice error message to our hacker friend stating that this not allowed.

- please omit comments about who supplied a given regex and what Oreilly
book helped inform the code. same for "  // it is far easier to do parts
of pager manually here than fiddle with _get_tree or pager_query.". IMO,
these clutter code without much enough benefit.

- '$edit = taxonomy_save_term( ...'. the variable name $edit has other
meaning in drupal. i suggest using $saved or $new