[drupal-devel] SquirrelMail vs Listhandler

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Wed Mar 23 22:02:22 UTC 2005

Moshe Weitzman <weitzman at tejasa.com> writes:

 % >  I was just whining about the lack of an install script that lets
 % >  me install drupal without a shell.

 % this list is for development discussion. not for whining. for example,
 % this list is a good place for posting a proposed technical design for
 % such an install system. or if that is too ambitious, post a set of
 % functional requirements. Or use cases. Or UI mockup. Whining on the list
 % is disrepectful to he hundreds of people who dedicate time to read these
 % messages.

 I am sorry, please accept my appologies. I thought that the rest
 of my message was in fact on target and in exactly the space that
 you want for drupal-devel. Please ignore the first paragraph as
 though it never happened.

 and focus on the second one.

 % >  The real point of the message was to outline the specific problem with
 % >  having to recompile php, which is part of this same problem
 % >  of assuming that people have root shell access on the machines.

 % all you need for installing drupal is ftp and phpmyadmin.

 Yes, thank you. I know....

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively