[drupal-devel] SquirrelMail vs Listhandler

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Wed Mar 23 20:23:06 UTC 2005

>  I was just whining about the lack of an install script that lets
>  me install drupal without a shell.

this list is for development discussion. not for whining. for example,
this list is a good place for posting a proposed technical design for
such an install system. or if that is too ambitious, post a set of
functional requirements. Or use cases. Or UI mockup. Whining on the list
is disrepectful to he hundreds of people who dedicate time to read these
messages.

>  The real point of the message was to outline the specific problem with
>  having to recompile php, which is part of this same problem
>  of assuming that people have root shell access on the machines.

all you need for installing drupal is ftp and phpmyadmin.