[drupal-devel] CivicSpace development moving to Drupal

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Thu Mar 24 05:52:50 UTC 2005

On 16-Mar-05, at 12:14 AM, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 neil at civicspacelabs.org wrote:
>
> [good news]
>
>> There are a few things I could use some advice about:
>>
>> - Bug fix fridays in the Drupal community. The simple explanation is
>>   that Zack and I come up with a list of bugs to fix every Thursday,
>>   tell the CivicSpace developers mailing list about them, and bug
>>   assignments are made at a set time in an IRC room Which IRC room
>>   should be used, #drupal-bugfixday? Anyone else want to do this as
>>   well?
>
> I have told Dries somewhere between FOSDEM and Antwerp that I'd like to
> see that he'd assign bugs to people. An advantage might be that those
> bugs would a) get a patch sooner and b) that patch would be committted
> sooner to cvs because Dries c) cares about that bug and d) would maybe
> give some hints about the sort of solution he'd like to see.

+1 (with a big "+"). Might even be better (even if as a longer term
solution) if there was a way to have issues for "components"
automatically assigned to folks . I know I know ... "feel free to patch
project.module". But, personally, it would speed response up greatly
if, say, all image.inc issues automatically showed up in "my issues"
(and consequently in my issue feed).

I mean, I realize this delegation sorta happens now informally... but I
also know I've been asked to have a look at patch X and if I don't do
it right away (or make a note to do it later) I forget.
--
James Walker  ::  http://www.walkah.net/