[drupal-devel] propstar.module is no longer?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Mar 24 15:34:51 UTC 2005

> I had spoken with Mabster several times and I mentioned the license to
> him once and he seemed fine with the idea of making it GPL.  I have
> uploaded the version I had, which may not be the most recent version to:

Thanks for the upload! Unfortunately, I think legally the only way I'd be
able to work on his code (as opposed to rewriting) would be if he released
a new zip with the GPL statement in it, or otherwise, publicly (on a
Drupal node, in the CVS) proclaimed its new licensing. I'm not sure how
willing he is to do that, now that he's not using Drupal.

> However, I would like to ask you if you are interested in extending the
> Node Moderation module.  Propstar had some limitations that prompted the
> creation of that module from my side, and I would like to discuss the
> possibility of making it a more flexible alternative.

I'll take a look at it. I've never looked into it before, because of the
"Moderation" name - I have no desire to moderate nodes based on rating. I
just want a boring old rating system that keeps track of numbers, but
doesn't necessarily /act/ on them.

> P.S. I like your folksonomy_shared module...very slick.

Thanks! Be sure to +1 when I make an Issue outta it ;)

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
Spidering Hacks: http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005776/disobeycom