[drupal-devel] Image.inc and separation of gd2

Tim Altman web at timaltman.com
Fri Mar 25 11:15:51 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I've been looking into the image.inc code and I'm unhappy with the amount
of gd2-specific code in that file.  The logic in many of the functions has
special cases for gd2 that would be unnecessary if gd2 were another
external toolkit, rather than integrated with image.inc.  Couldn't we
distribute Drupal with image.inc and image.gd2.inc?  I think that would
make all the image code simpler, more readable, and more maintainable.

--
Tim Altman