[drupal-devel] Image.inc and separation of gd2

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl
Fri Mar 25 11:37:19 UTC 2005

Op 25-mrt-05 om 12:15 heeft Tim Altman het volgende geschreven:
> I've been looking into the image.inc code and I'm unhappy with the
> amount
> of gd2-specific code in that file.  The logic in many of the functions
> has
> special cases for gd2 that would be unnecessary if gd2 were another
> external toolkit, rather than integrated with image.inc.  Couldn't we
> distribute Drupal with image.inc and image.gd2.inc?  I think that would
> make all the image code simpler, more readable, and more maintainable.
Tim,

I'm not sure what you mean.. We already ship drupal with a image.inc,
which standard uses GD 2.
If you want the image_gd2_*() functions to be extracted from the
standard image.inc, I have to disappoint you.. That's not gonna
happen..

But, if you want to use other toolkits than GD 2, you are free to use
any of these:
ImageMagick:
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/modules/image/
image.imagemagick.inc
IMagick:
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/gordon/
image.imagick.inc
IMLib:
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/gordon/
image.imlib.inc
GD 1:
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/stefan/
image.gd1.inc

If I understood you wrong, please send an e-mail again or contact me in
private..

Stefan.