[drupal-devel] Image.inc and separation of gd2

Tim Altman web at timaltman.com
Fri Mar 25 11:53:08 UTC 2005

Stefan Nagtegaal said:
> Op 25-mrt-05 om 12:15 heeft Tim Altman het volgende geschreven:
>> I've been looking into the image.inc code and I'm unhappy with the
>> amount
>> of gd2-specific code in that file.  The logic in many of the functions
>> has
>> special cases for gd2 that would be unnecessary if gd2 were another
>> external toolkit, rather than integrated with image.inc.  Couldn't we
>> distribute Drupal with image.inc and image.gd2.inc?  I think that would
>> make all the image code simpler, more readable, and more maintainable.

[...]

> If you want the image_gd2_*() functions to be extracted from the
> standard image.inc, I have to disappoint you.. That's not gonna
> happen..

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.  Why won't it happen?  As I said in my
original message, image.inc is messy right now because it's trying to
handle both the the logic for gd2 and for all other toolkits.  If gd2 were
just treated like another toolkit (though the only one included by
default), then the image.inc code would be much cleaner and more easily
maintained.

--
Tim Altman