[drupal-devel] Image.inc and separation of gd2

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl
Fri Mar 25 11:56:48 UTC 2005

Op 25-mrt-05 om 12:53 heeft Tim Altman het volgende geschreven:
>> If you want the image_gd2_*() functions to be extracted from the
>> standard image.inc, I have to disappoint you.. That's not gonna
>> happen..
>
> Yes, that's exactly what I mean.  Why won't it happen?  As I said in my
> original message, image.inc is messy right now because it's trying to
> handle both the the logic for gd2 and for all other toolkits.  If gd2
> were
> just treated like another toolkit (though the only one included by
> default), then the image.inc code would be much cleaner and more easily
> maintained.
First of all, I agree with you..

I tried to make that seperation of api and gd2 code happen before, but
unfortunatly most people are against it..
Maybe Walkah can give you more information on this??

Stefan.