[drupal-devel] install text upgrading section in the wrong order?

Steven Wittens steven at acko.net
Fri Mar 25 16:42:24 UTC 2005

> Can you put the reason in?  Or maybe, big letters, *essential*,
> because it sounds fairly so.  All of the steps are essential of
> course, but that one is a little counter intuitive, I don't know why
> I'm doing it.  Does this not work if you have cookies disabled?

The reason we do this is to prevent just anyone from running a site's
update.php. If you don't have a valid cookie, you will have to edit
update.php at the top, and change a variable there to disable the access
check temporarily ($access_check = false, it's explained at the top of
the file). Users should be reminded to set this back afterwards to
maintain security.

Steven Wittens