[drupal-devel] Drupal 4.6 "drupal.css" issue with Konqueror browser

Scott Courtney scott at 4th.com
Sat Mar 26 19:01:05 UTC 2005

Greetings!

I apologize if I'm not following the right channel for this question, but I've
filed an issue on it (with a patch), and I'm not sure where to go next, so I
post to the list.

There is a problem with drupal.css in all recent versions, back to at least
4.4, that causes the Konqueror web browser (part of KDE) to be unable to edit
text input fields if they appear inside an HTML fieldset block. The issue is
described in detail here:

   http://drupal.org/node/16729

Along with the issue report, I provided a one-line change to the CSS file that
fixes the problem. I've tested the patch against Konqueror (several versions),
Firefox, Mozilla, and IE, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't break any of
the other browsers and it definitely fixes the Konqueror problem.

My question is, since no one has replied to my issue and we are nearing the
release of Drupal 4.6, what do I need to do to try to get this small patch
included in the core of 4.6 and also applied to 4.5? I have a CVS account, but
only for contribs and not for core (and in any case, I know better than to just
apply something to someone else's code without permission!).

Thanks for any suggestions. If there's another venue where I should be posting
the patch, please let me know and I'll do so right away.

Kind regards,

Scott