[drupal-devel] [feature] Module Grouping by Folder in Admin/Modules

adrian drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sat Mar 26 20:22:32 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    module system
 Category:     feature requests

Once this is in core, we could use the hook_info function to provide a
'bundle' field, and then modify the module list to group modules by
bundle. (perhaps even on a separate tab? who knows).
http://drupal.org/node/18447

adrian

Previous comments:

March 26, 2005 - 03:53 : jjeff

It would be nice if the admin/modules listing grouped multiple modules
that resided in subfolders of the main modules directory. This way
module collectives (like ecommerce or massmailer) would all show up in
the same area of the module listing. It would make enabling/disabling
these modules a lot more intuitive and also make it clear which modules
were part of a group.
Single modules in a subfolder would not exhibit this behavior.
Just a thought.
-Jeff

March 26, 2005 - 05:44 : mathias

Being the author of the ecommerce package, I have to give a big '+ 1' to
this as well.  Why was this behavior removed?
I could see a re-implementation similar to our access control GUI where
the first level of folders are displayed with the modules underneath,
providing more context for the users.