[drupal-devel] [bug] Comment module outputs duplicate IDs for all *new* comments

Junyor drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sat Mar 26 22:46:54 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    comment.module
 Category:     bug reports

I've been looking into this a bit today.  The comment that should have
the "new" ID is dependent on the order of the comment page.  I think
the first new message chronologically should have the "new" ID.  We can
do a check similar to the one in comment_render to see what order the
page is in.  If the page is reverse chronological, we'll have to use a
counter to find the oldest new comment.
I'll give this some more thought and see if I can come up with a good
solution.

Junyor

Previous comments:

March 14, 2005 - 13:24 : Junyor

In theme_comment_view(), there's a check to see if a comment is new or
not.  If new, a "new" ID is output for the comment.  If there are
multiple new comments, they will get duplicate IDs, which is forbidden
in (X)HTML.  We should use classes instead of IDs so themes can style
new comments.  The first new comment should also have an ID.  This
would require theme changes, as well as comment.module changes.

March 14, 2005 - 22:28 : moshe weitzman

verified on drupal.org. we should not be doing this.