[drupal-devel] hi, etc

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Tue Mar 29 20:54:44 UTC 2005

Hi:

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 12:07:35PM -0800, Chris Messina wrote:

> There is work being done for CivicSpace and Bryght to create a very
> nice Drupal installer. If you download and install CivicSpace, you can
> give ours a try

Ah.  I did a checkout of civicspace.  I see in /install.php there's a
install_create_tables() function that does the table name prefixing and
execution.  The approach taken there is similar to one I was considering
(grabbing the query file and splitting it).  Unfortunately, at this time,
this script doesn't handle the array syntax for $db_prefix, though, of
course, that can be changed.

Another tack in my mind is making a PHP script which would take the one
static query file, doing preg_replace and then saving the results to a new
query file.  The user would then run the new query file.

Yet another is to have each table be a separate query file which the
install script sucks up, adjusts and executes as needed.

All of the methods I was thinking of would go through the subdirectories
in /sites, do include settings.php to get the various $db_prefix'es the
user desires.

Hey, Adrian, how about letting us see what you've come up with for this
issue?

Thanks,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/